There is an earlier reported story about one 52-year-old woman, Abigail Mawutor claiming to be the daughter of the late former president of Ghana, Jerry John Rawlings.
The lady who granted an interview to SVTV and was posted on
YouTube claimed to have been ‘hidden’ from the general public for a number of reasons. Madam Abigail Mawutor went on to claim that she has been trying to reconnect with her half-siblings for the past 20 years but she ends up being disappointed by the reception.
According to her, she was not interested in any form of reward but her heart desire was for her other siblings to accept her as a part of them.
During the interview, she spoke with authority and asked that anyone who doubted her claims could put her through a DNA test to ascertain the truth about who her father was. Today, YEN.com.gh brings you some new details about the lady claiming to be the first daughter of former President Rawlings.
1. Pregnancy and name of mother: 20-year-old Jerry John Rawlings allegedly impregnated Rose Agbodzi Sende from Togo.
2. The alleged big secret: Then young Rawlings allegedly pleaded with Rose to keep the pregnancy secret because his future was at stake.
3. Childhood days: Abigail grew up with an old lady at Adabraka knowing she had only a mother.
4. School: She attended St Joseph Primary School in Adabraka, Accra
5. The alleged truth: Abigail confronted her mother about who her father was and was told about what happened in 1967 and how she was conceived
6. The search for her ‘dad’: Abigail started looking for Rawlings after her mother’s confession and found her way to Rawlings family home in 2002.
7. Rawlings’s alleged support: According to Abigail, there were times that Rawlings sent her money for up-keep and later sent her a lump sum to start a business.
8. Near confrontation: At the funeral of Rawlings’s mother, family members of the former president wanted to formally introduce his ‘daughter’ to him but Abigail stopped them.
9. Efforts to make her identity public: Abigail said the first time she spoke about her dad was on a radio interview at Atinka FM. She added that she wrote a letter to Daily Graphic for publication but they requested a paternity test to verify her claims.
10. Demands: Abigail claims she only wants to be accepted by the other children of JJ Rawlings and was not doing this for any kind of monetary gratuity.